How to maintain a healthy skin during the lockdown?
Some people’s bodies let emotions show through, and express feelings that we are sometimes barely aware of. Our skin can be very revealing of our physical and psychological disorders. So it should come as no surprise that our skin was impacted during the lockdown, a period when our rhythm and habits were turned upside down. Various imperfections can appear: pimples, blackheads, tightness... How can we keep our skin healthy in this context and beyond, given that wearing a mask can also impact our skin? Gellé Frères has a few tips in store...
Why does the lockdown have negative effects on our skin?
We have just mentioned one of the first reasons for this: the skin expresses itself. And if one thing is certain, it is that staying locked up at home for several months, stuck on a constant cycle of news is an exceptional source of stress.
We have even less control over the other culprits: tap water with a high chlorine content that dries out the skin, frequent hand washing, polluted and dry air in our homes…
What care routine during the lockdown?
On the other hand, we do have the power to pay more attention to how we care for our skin.
- Cleanse your skin in the morning and evening: The skin benefits greatly from being thoroughly cleansed on a daily basis, so it’s even more essential during a lockdown! This advice applies to all skin types, especially oily skins with a tendency to produce pimples.
- Give it a boost with a face mask or a scrub: The positive of the lockdown is that you have more time for yourself. More time for self care like applying the ultimate winning combo: face mask + scrub. The Chérissime moisturising face mask soothes, desensitises and brightens your skin. Three drops of Miracle Trianon oil are enough to hydrate the skin, while making it more supple and plumped up.
- Moisturise daily: A day cream is still the best routine for dry skin. But it might no longer fully fulfil its role during the lockdown. In this case, opt for a night cream or a moisturising care using hydrating ampoules.
- For the body: You can take care of your body during the shower, afterwards, or both! For example, Gellé Frères shower oils contain sweet almond oil with soothing, nourishing and healing properties. Furthermore, our body lotions contain shea butter, well known for its nourishing and soothing virtues, as well as Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protects cells against free radicals and restores the skin’s suppleness.
- For the hands: Let’s not forget our little hands, which are in the front line when it comes to safety measures! Ideally, apply a hand cream after each wash.
Can wearing a mask every day negatively impact the skin?
Unfortunately, the answer is yes! The end of the lockdown does not mean a complete return to normal. Under your mask, you feel hot, you sweat, you are annoyed by the constant rubbing of fabric or paper on your skin. Wearing a mask can cause allergic reactions, irritations or contact eczema.
To prevent this, you need to rely on optimal hydration! By applying a moisturising cream, you create a protective film on the epidermis surface called “artificial hydrolipidic film”. Apply your cream 30 minutes before putting on your mask so it can be properly absorbed.
At the end of the day, maintain a good lockdown care routine by thoroughly cleansing your skin to remove any accumulated impurities and perspiration!