Face Masks: For a Perfectly Healthy Skin
You may have used a face mask before, or at least seen one in a TV ad or online. But do you really know what a face mask is and, more importantly, do you know its purpose? Because apart from the inevitable laughter when seeing yourself or a friend’s face coated with a green, black or even golden texture, face masks also offer many benefits for your skin!
What is a face mask?
Face masks, also known as beauty masks, have been a popular skincare ritual for women for thousands of years. Depending on the desired effect (hydration, purification, toning), this beauty ritual consists in applying a mixture of specific ingredients on the face. Depending on your skin type, it must be used once or twice a week to achieve the desired results!
Where do face masks come from?
This type of skin care has endured through centuries and crossed all borders! Did you know that the woman who invented it is none other than the famous Cleopatra? The Queen of Egypt, concerned about her appearance and preserving her famed beauty, liked taking care of herself and her skin. Renowned for her milk baths, Cleopatra also created her own mixtures to reveal the full extend of her legendary beauty.
Today, the emblematic queen has been supplemented by billions, all of whom deserve the very best skin care. And you are one of them!
What are the benefits of a face mask?
Before taking a closer look at the various benefits of face masks, I think we can all agree that applying a mask is, in itself, a rather pleasant experience, a moment of relaxation. It’s a bit like being pampered in a SPA… while staying at home. The use of a beauty mask can be very beneficial, both for men and women. Here’s an overview of such benefits:
- Get rid of small imperfections: blackheads, sebum, dull complexion, pimples. In this case, we recommend opting for a purifying mask.
- Relieve your skin: for sensitive and/or dry skins, favour nourishing masks and their silky textures. They often contain avocado oil, shea or other vegetable oils.
- Slow down the signs of aging: face masks can help combat the first signs of aging. However, a mask is not magic: it will not make wrinkles disappear, but it can plump and firm up the skin, and stimulate cell regeneration. These types of masks contain components such as regenerating royal jelly and antioxidant vitamin E.
How to apply a face mask?
In addition to being fun and soothing, the application process is very simple, whether it is a clay mask, an exfoliating mask or even a homemade mask.
- Start by cleansing your skin with your usual beauty product: it must be clean and make-up free.
- Apply the mask of your choice all over your face, and possibly on your décolleté. Of course, avoid the eyes, nostrils and mouth. No need to apply too thick a layer.
- Leave it on for the specified duration. Generally about ten minutes. You can use this time to lie down, turn on your fragrance diffuser, listen to music and put two moist cotton pads or slices of cucumber over your eyes.
- Rinse the face mask thoroughly, and dry gently.
- Finally apply a moisturising cream.
Your skin will thank you!